South Florida: Driven. Dynamic. Desirable.
South Florida is one of the most attractive consumer markets in the nation. And it’s growing rapidly – 82% faster than the national average.
- Home to the most powerful county in the southeast U.S. Most populous, Highest consumer spending
- The Miami-Ft. Lauderdale DMA includes Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe counties
- the most populous market in Florida making up nearly a quarter (23%) of Florida’s population
- 15th largest market in the nation, with 4.5 million residents
- $76.3 billion in consumer spending
- Ranks #1 in Florida for:
The most households of $100,000+ and $500,000+ income
The most homes valued at $500,000+ and $1 million+
Tech savvy adults – South Florida adults have the highest ownership rates in the state for mobile devices such as as smartphones and tablets
- The fourth-largest Hispanic market in the U.S.
- South Florida Hispanics make up 50% of the local population.
- Compared to Hispanics nationally, South Florida Hispanics are affluent, educated and professional
- These local Hispanics have $43 billion in buying power and growing - in the next five years, Hispanic buying power is projected to grow 11% to $47 billion!
Source: Claritas, 2013; Scarborough Rel. 1 2013
Miami: At the crossroads of the globe
Widely considered one of the county’s most important financial centers, Miami is a major center for commerce, banking and international trade. Its proximity to Latin America and the Caribbean have earned it a reputation as the Gateway to the Americas, home to scores of international companies and Latin American corporate headquarters.
Source: Claritas, 2010; ESRI 2010